Certification Request Form for Returning Students

- Please do not fill out this form until you have completed the orientation process and registered for classes.

- Submit one request PER TERM . If your current schedule changes, it will be automatically updated by the VA office here at the school, after the drop/add period.

- Submit another request ONLY if you add a new class that starts later on during the semester (mini-term/flex start).

Notice: VA will not pay for remedial or deficiency courses offered in the online or hybrid (partially online) delivery method. Remedial or deficiency courses can only be certified, if they are classroom/onsite classes. Please see a Veteran's Services staff member for more information.

For Chapter 33 Post/911 GI Bill: The VA will pay the Florida Resident tuition and fees rates ONLY. You will be responsible to cover any remaining balance.

Fields marked with a must be filled out to submit the form.

Contact Information

Request Information
Term Request for Certification (pick one):
Select your Benefit:

Additional Information
Are you using Department of Defense Tuition Assitance?
Are you taking course(s) here for a degree at another school?
Are you taking course(s) at another school for a degree here and need a Parent letter?

Statement of Understanding

1. By signing this form, I understand that my award WILL be REDUCED without notification if I am enrolled for fewer hours than I certify, taking classes that do not apply to my degree/certificate program, withdraw from a class after the add/drop period, Fail a course from non-completion (Walk- Away F) or attempt a course for a third time where out-of-state tuition would apply.

2. By signing this form, I understand that I will automatically receive a Tuition Deferment that terminates on the Veteran Deferment deadline in the course catalog. If there is a remaining balance after this deadline I will be charged a $25.00 late fee and be placed in a default status.


Recertification Statement

Valencia College will utilize the first available funds (federal financial aid or veteran’s benefit) to pay my tuition, fees, books, and other charges which appear on my student account. Valencia will issue a refund for any excess funds they may receive that exceeds the balance on my student account.

I acknowledge my right to request that Valencia defer usage of my federal financial aid to cover my tuition and fees while payment to Valencia is pending from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs during the 90-day waiting period. If I elect to defer the usage of my federal financial aid to pay my educational expenses, I may receive a refund of those funds, which later may have to be repaid, if my Veterans benefits do not cover the total balance on my student account. I also risk being sent referred to a collection agency for account balance plus up to 30% collection fees, and being reported to a credit bureau, if the funds are not repaid upon request. If I elect to defer the usage of my federal financial aid to cover my educational expenses, I understand that I am required to:
Provide my updated Certificate of Eligibility which outlines my benefit, by the first day of the course for applicable term as stated in the Important Dates and Deadlines schedule, being covered by my veteran’s educational assistance.
Complete and return the Federal Aid Educational Assistance Opt-Out form.